Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dutiful entry

I did the doctor thing on Thursday.

The lung doc sent me for a bone scan; the nurses drew the monthly blood. His staff treated me like I am family. Doc seemed a bit rushed. He told me to cut the number of Tyvaso treatments if the sides continue.

Then on to heart doc. I expected to sit for the usual hour before I see him. I was in right on time. The waiting room was not full to overflowing. Heart doc decided to do an echo. The tech, who has done all my echos, explained what we were seeing for the whole exam. Fascinating stuff.

The bottom line: the mean pulmonary pressure went from 80 to 41. The Tyvaso works and works well.

So now that the numbers prove what I knew all along, how do I expend all this newfound energy?

Well yesterday I had lunch with Boopie and the Youngin'. Before going, we had agreed that this probably would be our last lunch. We ate Mexican food and chatted. Boopie talked about Social Security and food stamps. The Youngin' talked about his computer, his dream and the Wildcats.

Just before we left the restaurant, we agreed that we could afford once a month lunches. We need each other.

Afterward, I went to the post office to pick up some medicine, did a few minor chores and took a nap.

I probably would have slept on into the night had not my brother called. He wondered if I had a copy of a DVD that my uncle made of some 16mm film. Lots of us as children with the cousins at my grandparents' house. He plans to burn me a copy and I should get it in about a week.

The apartment calls. Vacuum me. I need my face washed. I want outside. Then the yard cusses at me for letting it go so long. I have never had the stamina to cut the weeds or rake.

However, I think I will sacrifice today to the couch gods. Some quality time with the older feline.

Well Dude, this weekend starts the official fund-raising for your fund. Your family, especially your mom, has worked so hard. B and your Chicago friends will come together to party for you. How ironic is that?  I wonder how many other friends wonder where you are, why they have not heard from you. I am thankful I met you in the time of life you were.

Later, Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment