Thursday, March 31, 2011

Play ball!

In hindsight, yesterday gains marks for its unusualness. Some interesting emails, a phone call.

I hate myself when I wallow in the muck of self-pity. The days all I do involves food or sleep. The days the apartment falls into ruin and I kick the mess aside on the way to the refrigerator. I hate the accusing looks from Pogo and Momo when they try to find a clean spot in the box to do their business. I cannot bear to look in the mirror because I might catch a glimpse of what I have become.

On those days, nothing satisfies, nothing soothes, nothing ...

Little things nag at me on those days. The what ifs. What if my medicine does not come before I go out to lunch and I miss it? What if I run out of money before I die?  What if ...

I wish you could turn off worry as easily as a light. On the other hand, I master the art of denial. I am not sick. I will worry about money later. Que sera sera. Neither attitude bodes well.

Hey, Dude. Today begins another baseball season. Guess what? The Sox battle the Rangers to kick off the season. You would have loved it. From what I have read, the Sox look pretty good this season. We shall see.

Missing you, Dude.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your team does well. I have always cheered on the Yankees...not sure about this year though.

    ReplyDelete