Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy 175th Texas!

The High Court today said even crazy folks filled with vitriol can spew their hate. Essentially the justices said offensive speech is not grounds to restrict it.

As a former journalist, I am glad the Supreme Court ruled the way it did despite what I personally think about the fanatical zealots who are so hate filled. If we ban one group, word, thought or discourse, we will open the box which cannot be shut. Freedoms errode one tiny ruling at a time.

The court also struck at blow at a giant that wanted to be considered a person when certain information was requested by the government. This ruling makes me happy as well.

I try not to get involved in too much of the world anymore. I worry enough as it is.

K. get out of there soon!!! Worry, worry, worry ....

Party time nears, Dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment