Thursday, March 10, 2011

What would Jesus give up for Lent?

So, I did another foolish thing today. I cleaned the apartment from top to bottom. I also fixed beans with ham and onion and made cornbread with cheddar cheese. I know I need to try to portion out the work throughout the week, but then the jobs seem to go on forever. I will admit the vacuuming about did me in today.

After I finished cleaning, I ate a bowl of beans and three pieces of cornbread. Then I did a treatment and took a shower. By the time I was squeeky clean, I had great difficulty catching my breath. Almost like pre-meds PH. I still have a bit of a cough from the bronchitis, so maybe that was part of the reason for the SOB. I also used several cleaning products and dusted. That angers my COPD. I plan to mention all the above to Doc at our next appointment at the end of the month. I also plan to mention that the last Tyvaso treatment of the day seems to leave me SOB as well. The SOB seems to built up over the day. Energy burst after the first treatment of day, OK after the second. The third sends me to a chair for a few minutes. The fourth one generally sends me to bed at least for an hour if not for the night.

I worry some because I have not heard from J in awhile. But then J has a life, something I forget about most folks. K remains in the hospital. Add a cold to the list of ailments.

Lunch tomorrow with Boopie and the Youngin'. Another former colleague will join us this time. Ralphie's Daddy fits right in. We are eating at the stockyards. The restaurant there offers great chicken-fried steak or just about any cut of beef you could want. Hearty, comfort food that cattlemen appreciate.

After my day today, I am sure I will not do much tomorrow after I pick up a few groceries and a couple of prescriptions. Oh yes, and cat food. I have noticed the last batch of cat food I got did not quite fill up the can as it once did. Ugh, even cat food falls victim to higher prices for less product.

Seventeen days until the fund-raiser, Dude.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. I hate to do this, but reading your first 2 paragraphs leaves me no choice: SMACK!! lol Couldn't you have just cleaned and made beans another day?? Or vice versa?? lol Ok, I'm done lecturing, since quite honestly, I can see myself doing the same thing. lol (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete