Saturday, July 3, 2010

Boom!

Holidays. You stopped celebrating them.

We spent four major holidays together online. On July 4, a song popped up on the IM. Not hello, not happy 4th, just a song. Nirvana. I had not really heard any of their songs, but I had the impression I would not like them. But I was game and played it. The melody itself grabbed me and the words delivered a not so subtle message. (I have not checked out any other of their songs, btw.)

Where do bad folks go when they die
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
Go to a lake of fire and fry
See them again 'till the Fourth of July

July 4 also marked another milestone -- you invited me to read Transplantland and Friends of Pepe. And sent me a conversation you had with Honda Engine Goddess.

You trusted me less than a month after I had met you. I am not sure why, but I am thankful.
* * *
I ate a whole bag of cherries in two days. I love summer because I love cherries. The farmers market opened Thursday. I look forward to tomatoes that taste like tomatoes. And near the end of August, black-eyed peas.
* * *
Had a great time yesterday with Boopie and the youngin's. Poor Brittani. For her, 11 a.m. seems the middle of the night. You could see life gradually returning to her by the time she reached the bottom of the coffee cup. For Alex, life presents an opportunity for adventure. You want Alex on your side. Brittani decided to join the lunch bunch. How fun!
* * *
Dude, don't want the love to fade away.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment