Friday, July 9, 2010

Energy rations

OK, time to form a plan. The enemy approaches from all angles. Rather than closing my eyes and ignoring it, I must try to eradicate the encroachers.

I guess I need to learn from racehorses. Pace. So, start. Then keep the energy spent steady, saving a final burst for the finish.

I am not known as a clean freak, after all I share my life with cats. With PH, I could not do clean freak, even if so inclined, without maid service. This week, my schedule joined the enemy to annihilate any previous efforts. You see, if I spend the day grocery shopping or paying bills with Connie, it takes the next day to recoup. This week, I ventured out all but one day. The one day I stayed home, I slept and slept. All this adds up to an enemy that uses a trebuchet against my wimpy weapons. I wish I could say time to bring out the big guns for me, but my reserve evaporated.

So I chip away at the enemy one blow at a time.
* * *
I am not normally a braggart, but (I bet you knew the but was coming) I would pit my doctor against any in the country. The man exemplifies an ideal doctor.

Appointment scheduled for 1:15. At 1:15, one of his two nurses calls your name. Just a few minutes pass before he comes in the examining room. We run down the medications I am taking. He listens to my lungs, then listens to me.

He limits his practice to about five patients a day. That allows time for emergencies. That allows him to take his time with his patients. That allows personal phone calls to patients who have hit a few bumps in the road. Every time I hit a snag with my health, I know I can call and see doc that day, or the next day at the latest.

This time he called to check on the cath and the counselor. He wondered how the cath went and if I had heard about the numbers. The Versed wiped memory. He also wondered if I had seen the counselor and how that had gone and did I think it would help. Then he asked when my next appointment with him was and told me he would get the cath results from the heart doc and call me if he thinks he needs to see me sooner.

How lucky and blessed can one woman be? Oh yeah, did I mention he saved my life?
* * *
I think the brothers must feel I am a weird nuisance, so I will evaporate.
* * *
K and I had a wonderful talk yesterday. She has a way of lifting my spirits and I needed that. ♥
* * *
Well, dude, one crazy World Cup nears an end. I could hear you many times hollering at the TV.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment