Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pangs

Yesterday my counselor and I discussed my apartment. I told her my concern about clutter and the apartment's age contributing to the feeling of dirty. I told her every time I feel closed in, I remove more knick-knacks.

She asked if I could rearrange things. She suggested I need to put something on the walls (I moved from upstairs to downstairs about 10 years or so ago and never put the artwork up). She said I could have a minimalist decorating scheme without clutter.

She asked if I could find someone to clean the apartment thoroughly for me. I told her I probably could not afford a cleaning service and Connie was no longer able either. She suggested I put out a call on FB and maybe one of my local friends would have ideas.

After thinking about the session, I decided I want to move my main living space into the bedroom and the bedroom to the living room. The main reason (Connie pointed this out to me): no natural light in the living room. The bedroom features a South-facing sliding glass door onto a tiny patio. Since I seldom have company other than Connie, this plan will work.

***

My doc's nurse called yesterday and told me that the numbers from the RHC were about the same as last time. That news is good and bad. The nurse said doc mulls over what to do next and will let me know. I now wonder if I imagine it all. I hate that feeling.

***

Today lunch with T. Friday lunch with Boopie and the youngin's. A regular social butterfly here. Ha. Oh yes, I have an invite to attend a gathering of present and former employees of the Globe-News at Hummer's, a sports bar. Not sure that will happen for me. The combination of lots of people and loud poses a problem for me. I have some time to reconsider, though.

***

Dude, I think of you every day.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment