Monday, April 11, 2011

Dear Body

Dear Body,

I know you have had it rough the last couple of days. Your muscles ache from head to toes. The joints protest one more move before they are allowed to rest. Why oh why did you add the nose and throat to the script? Now the plumbing in the head refuses to work

I have watched you peak with energy. When you are on, you are on. Not bad for a semi-abused body of 62. But boy oh boy do you punish me now when you attract these maladies.

You cannot take a break with the breathing. Oxygen keeps you moving along, so you need to repair as much of the airways as possible. Since the nose plays a major role in that, I would suggest beginning there. In exchange, I will give you Tylenol to soothe those joints, muscles and head. Deal?

I know the major traffic control area in the head wants me to order you to finish tossing or putting away all those out of place objects. Sometimes the control center cannot motivate you. I understand. That means a day or two of sleep on the couch and some mindless TV show to allow you to rejuvenate.

The problem seems to be the lack of cooperation on your part. Is two days not enough? Do you need more? I am afraid if I give you another day or two, then you will revolt to the point of a strike.

What do you need to pull yourself out of this? I know you would like antihistamine, but I believe they are not acceptable. Soon your nose will look like Rudolph's.

OK Body, I will let you sleep on it and get back to you tomorrow.

Later, Dude.

2 comments:

  1. I think antihistamines are ok...it's decongestants that we need to avoid. Feel better soon! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I think it sucks that you don't feel well, this post is very good! lol Feel better very soon!! ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete