Monday, March 5, 2012

A new day

I spent the weekend eating. Eating and figuring out my new electronic devices. Both endeavors proved rewarding, depending on how one looks at them.

My new little Canon basic digital camera does everything but name the movie it can record. I think the necessary wires to upload the next great movie-maker's gem came with the package. So watch this space for some new humdingers from that comic duo Pogo and Momo.

I figured out the basics of the camera by pushing buttons, just what the manual says not to do. (Yes, I found the booklet in the box. I thought it was an advertisement.) No harm, no foul. I will review the CD sometime when I have the urgency to take artsy photos, though I will never achieve the level of the youngin's'.

I sailed though learning about the satellite. The setup on the system matches TiVo in many ways, so the knowledge came back after I jogged my memory. I am recording a couple of shows just to see if I remember how to do that. I can watch prime time in the morning now if I want.

Now the eating part: I scarfed the better part (OK, the whole thing) of two bags of Pepperidge Farms Milano cookies, several bowls of ice cream, and three bowls of homemade veggie soup. I gained 2 pounds and my body spasms with a junk food  fix. Oh yeah, I forgot to mentioned the potato chips and the bean burritos with sour cream. Remarkably, my ankles did not balloon into cankles. I bet my poor body wishes I would behave myself.

Thinking of you as always, Dude. Special thoughts to your family.

Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment