Thursday, March 1, 2012

Yes, I am sick

I phoned Doc's office this morning and described my symptoms to his nurse. I told her I knew sickness would overtake me by Saturday. She called me back within five minutes or so and said for me to come to his office NOW.

Doc gave me two breathing treatments, ordered X-rays and the output part of the PFT. He also noted I was dehydrated again. He brought me a glass of water and a Sprite and told me to drink them. He then handed me three prescriptions. I asked if I were sick. Yes, even after all that, I doubted my judgment. He said yes, I had bronchitis.

During a rundown of the meds I take, he asked me about anxiety. I told him I had had to take three pills recently. He told me for someone who had to deal with two major diseases, I was one of his most upbeat and happy patients. He said I should expect some anxiety and not worry about extra pills.

I had DirectTV installed today. One tiny problem. The guy had to set a pole in concrete and attach the dish to the pole. Well, Joe (his real name) hails from Houston. He failed to take into account the wind, plus he had to buy the wrong kind of concrete (the only kind the store offered) and to get it to set, you need to wait 24 hours -- he did not.

When I got back from Doc's I decided to watch some of my new channels. I kept getting an error message. So I did what Joe told me to do, I called him. Back he comes (out of uniform). He pulls the pole out of the concrete, mixes and pours additional concrete into the hole, takes the satellite off the pole and says see ya tomorrow.

I hope this works. The wind is supposed to howl at 40-60mph tomorrow. Joe also mentioned something about cutting the pole down a bunch, so it does not wobble as much. If I were a betting woman, I would lay odds on the cut the pole outcome.

Pogo and Momo hate strangers. They had a fine time today.

Well, Dude, you would not believe who guides the Sox this season. Or some of the other changes so far. The season will be an interesting one. I would love your take on it.

Laters.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm glad you called your doctor and went in!! I'm sorry you have bronchitis again, but I hope the meds will help you get better quickly! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete