Friday, March 23, 2012

What do you do?

Birthdays of friends who have died turn awkward on Facebook.

I usually write something like "I miss you." Others write about heaven and partying with those who have passed from this world. Then some just write happy birthday with exclamation points.

The latter comment makes me wonder if the writer knows this friend died a year or more ago. Not any of the ways to mark a birthday necessarily fall on the etiquette no-no list. I know I should not let paltry issues bother me and I am working on it.
I ran errands with C today. I sat in the car at City Hall. Then got out to shoot this pink lady. All the trees put on their most glamorous outfits at the same time this year. I hope another freeze before May does not strip them of their finery.

About a gillion of those tiny flying pests hover over my tall grass and weeds like bees over trumpet vines. I observe them, but cannot tell what they do or why. I wonder what kind of life cycle they have?

I stepped on my glasses the other morning. The specs had been on the bedside table when I went to sleep. Sometime during the night, they ended up on the floor. I stepped on them when I got out of bed. The left earpiece broke off the main part. I have taped it back so I can wear them. However, the frame sits crooked on my face now. I really need new glasses and an eye examine anyway.

Well, Dude, another day.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. I often wonder if people know a person has passed on FB as well. Sometimes I get irritated, but I have to let it go! Some people just don't pay attention.

    ReplyDelete