Friday, March 2, 2012

Trivial pursuit

Nothing changes my world like moving furniture. Removing an object as large as a side table changes the whole feel of a room. The weight of a room shifts depending on the size of the piece or its purpose.

More than a year ago, I moved the bedroom to the living room and the bedroom with the sliding glass door became my living room. My comfortable chair and ottoman sit in front of the door so I can watch the yard along with my boys. I had plans of reading.

I still cannot sit still long enough to do any reading. I tried the Abraham Lincoln assassination book by Bill O'Reilly, which my brother gave me for Christmas or my birthday, I forget which. I love history and Lincoln and the Civil War (War Between the States for some) always have fascinated me. I have a photo of a tintype of a relative who served.

The book reads like a cross between a dry history lecture and some wannabe mystery writer's first effort. Several pages into the book, I found myself bored to tears. I would like to try Stephen King's book, "11/22/63." I suspect comparing the books would be foolhardy, but a task I would savor. Look for an update the next time I venture to B&N.

I know I have written a tale that might be a bit hard to follow, but bear with me.

Since reading and I are not speaking, I decided to dump cable since they charge about the same amount as dish folks with fewer channels to choose from. I get some of the channels that have some good series. Yes!! BBC America.

The old bedroom-new living room offered a better outlet for the cable from the satellite. Therefore, I moved the TV and the antique table it rested on into the bedroom.

Ugh, an ugly bare spot sprouted up where the table and TV were.

If I felt better, and I know I should not rush my health, you would find me moving furniture in both rooms. The new living room has lost its simplicity, so I need to pare something. And try to fix the inequities in the new bedroom. Got it?

Later, Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment