Friday, April 23, 2010

Day of transition

Bruce, I apologize if I made your journey any harder. I did only what came naturally to one who hoped to help. We all did.

We stood watch to smooth your road. Even Teddy stood guard, always at your side. We who shared your transition talked about good times and shared laughs. Tanya, Raenell and I chortled about some pictures of Hawaii from your past that you had shown, with an apology, to Tanya.

Rick, Jim and I talked music. I know you enjoyed that. Those two were the scene in the 1960s and 1970s. Jim and Rick both have met a who's who of musicians. Jim will enjoy and revere your collection.

I told you it was all right and to relax. I know you understood.

You were a great man, Bruce. I love you.
* * *
Well, dude, I hope you are at rest as well. I love you.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. CL ... loving someone makes the transition smoother. That's what you did.

    ReplyDelete