Monday, April 5, 2010

Hobnobbing

Gobsmacked ranks near the top of my list of favorite words. I added grapgat this year. Pooper-scooper tickles my funny bone.

Some words on the list get much use for a year or two then fall off. Groovy, for instance.

Advertising has placed many words and phrases into the American lexicon. Where's the beef? comes to mind. We all wondered where the yellow went with Pepsodent. Wonder if we could find Pepsodent today?

Television show writers add their two cents worth: OK, let's be careful out there. Would you believe? Yada, yada, yada. Doh!

We all have our favorites depending on our generation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqfFrCUrEbY
* * *
Beginning Day 5 with my new best friends Ren and Stimpy. Other than causing an itch, the pair seem to follow orders fairly well. Ask me again on day 13.
* * *
If I had to describe my kitchen in one word it would be disaster. I baked cookies and fried chicken yesterday. After overindulging in both, I promptly fell onto the couch in a sugar-induced stupor.

The cleanup fairy did not appear with her wand overnight. So today, when my energy level just tops that of a southern princess on a midsummer's afternoon without air conditioning, I face a mound of dishes, a flour-dusted floor and a greasy stovetop. Cleaning up as I go never has worked well for me. Does that mean I would make a great chef but a bad mommy?
* * *
If your tongue dries out, do taste buds die?
* * *
The Red Sox rallied past the Spankies, dude. I know, I know. The season just begins.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment