Saturday, April 17, 2010

Later, Bruce

I went to say goodbye to Bruce today.

I knew telling him one more time I loved him was as much for me as it was for him. I had not exactly avoided going, but I had not made an effort, either. Until Jim called last night.

There was my good friend Bruce, lying so small in that bed.

The outward Bruce disappeared some time ago. The inner Bruce met me at the bedroom door.

After several minutes, Tanya and Jim drifted away. I gently stroked Bruce's hand and arm as I told him it was OK.

Bruce is my friend. I love him.

***

I love you too, dude.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. ((((HUGS)))) I'm glad that you were able to say goodbye. I know Bruce cherished your friendship, and that he loved you, too. And spending time with him in the past several weeks will be something you will keep with you forever. You are a very dear friend, CL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to ya CL...You are a great friend to all..I am happy you were able to say goodbye..

    ReplyDelete