Friday, April 2, 2010

Wonderful gifts

Did my taxes yesterday. Uncle Sam tells me I earned $0 taxable income for the year, therefore I owe $0. Whew.

Got a wonderful and very unexpected gift in the mail yesterday. The handmade soaps and nice card made my day, Kim. Thanks!

Also got a very nice reply to an e-mail I sent to Karen. She shared lots of interesting news. Seems someone I know (Bruce) told Karen and Kevin I was a drill sergeant and a softie in the same breath.

I hope to sit with Bruce a couple of mornings next week. I do have some qualms about it however, because I would not hurt Bruce for the world. What if I should black out while I am there? What if he should fall? I could not help him up. See the problem?

I am seeing the hind ends of Pogo and Satchmo more often as the weather allows me to have the window open more. They spend most of their waking time with their noses pressed against the window screen or slapping at imaginary bugs.

Sometimes the neighbor's black and white cat ambles into my backyard to nap or say hello to those poor captives in the window. Pogo, being the gregarious one, alternately chortles and chatters. The big guy says nothing but continues his search for the best sunning spot. A couple of hours later, the sun and the neighbor move on.

Connie, bless her heart, shares her week off with me. I know she needs time to herself. We all do. But she asks me to go with her as she does errands. Some errand or other every day. That overwhelms me with love, gratitude and joy. I am so lucky.

Dude, remember, I care.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. CL..no taxes owed = :))
    I hope you are having a betetr week. I keep missing you. If I dont catch ya soon, I will have to give ya a call.
    Take care..
    HUGS :))

    ReplyDelete