Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Yada, yada, yada

I have misplaced my mind. Long-term memory seems healthy; the short-term one displays chronic woes. Almost like I have cotton in my ears. Maybe I am overloaded with information and filtering some out indiscriminately. No matter the reason, the feeling disconcerts me.
* * *
Jim called about 7ish last night. He and Bruce visited while we talked. I plan to see them soon.
* * *
Today I feel like a matchmaker.

G., a young mother of three, came to chat last night for the first time. She recently met Mr. Hickman and she hates him already. She feels like he curtails her life and she wants an easier way to deal with this horrible disease.

I took her aside, like Rach did with me, told her about the FB community and the Survivors Guide. I suggested several young mothers who know Mr. Hickman intimately as potential friends on FB. I hope she finds someone to mentor her through this like I had.
* * *
Chocolate, chocolate chip cookies make a great breakfast. All the food groups, right?
* * *
Lots of big doings in my Net world. The memorial-release party for you next month. Then in June the PHA conference in California. The buzz for these events picks up pitch as the time draws near.

Big gatherings tend to make me ___ what? Nervous, paranoid, overamped? All the latter applies. But I believe we covered that already.

I will remember you on May 1 like I remember you every day.

As much as I would love to meet my PHriends, relying on chat and the phone will suffice for now. Drini and Ali plan to drive to conference. I will meet them for lunch. So two met and dozens to go.
* * *
Shit sports seasons wind down. I will miss the play, but they were never the same without you.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment