Sunday, April 25, 2010

Repartee

The domino effect of life amazes me. I know, I know. If it does not happen, then you do not know that. Only if it happens do you take note. That conundrum puzzles me; you had it figured out.

You say random, I say some meaning somewhere. You say meaning only because of random; I say surely a reason.

I miss that repartee. Hairy soccer players, indeed.

Knowing some of your friends allows me to see another facet of you. I catch glimpses of you in all of them, as strange as that might sound.
* * *
I wonder if all the journalists will clean up for Bruce today. Bruce knew folks from all walks of life. So to Bruce it would not matter. I am unsure what I will wear, but I probably will clean up.
* * *
Kim and I finally got to chat this morning. I am gladdened by news your folks were first. Kim also got to listen. I cannot wait to hear it. What a wonderful collaboration and tribute to you.
* * *
Dude, I am sad and glad. You know.

Later.
* * *
Postscript: Bruce, the turnout filled the church. So many familiar faces only older and grayer. Some of the youngins showed up, too. I enjoyed visiting with all the gang. Each person there told the story of your life by his presence.

Peace, my friend, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment