Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thanksgiving

The world seems a bit crazy right now. Unrest, bad news, natural disasters often come at us in waves. Or maybe we are more aware. Can you imagine what the government does not tell us? I continue to stick my head in the sand.

My little rant about health care got published in the letters to the editor section of our newspaper. The folks also posted it online. I was amused to read the comments online about the letter. The thread quickly deteriorated into other issues.

The freedom to discourse still abides in America. For the most part, we still can express what we want, when we want. The Supreme Court has seen fit to clarify the Bill of Rights, i.e., yelling fire in a crowded theater. Common sense that somehow falls by the wayside. How could one possibly have predicted what life in America would be like in 200 years? Founding fathers did a damn good job.
* * *
Walked around the grocery store yesterday trying to find something different to eat. Came up with frozen pizza (it was awful), pears (not bad, not great), chicken livers (lunch today), canned butter beans (hey, I am desperate here) and the basics like tomatoes, squash and bread. A personal chef would liven up meals. Bring on Mario or Stephen.
* * *
A couple of friends suggested ways I might stem the tide of boredom. Thanks ladies. While I used to indulge in handiwork, my eyesight limits my enjoyment of that pursuit. Painting, as in labor as opposed to artistic, does not appeal either. I am definitely not artistic, though I am a great painter in my mind sometimes. I do enjoy blogging, but even writing hits dry holes occasionally.
* * *
Today I am thankful I met you. I am thankful for your family. Thankful for your friends. All have been more than gracious to me. (You know which ones in particular.)

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment