Friday, April 30, 2010

Gifts

Last night in chat, E said she plans to give her husband a fantasy weekend package of some sort for Christmas this year. She put up a link that listed all sorts of fun things to do. Some cost relatively little (in the $150 range) to pretty expensive ($1,730). Just about any city has some sort of package.

http://www.cloud9living.com/

Fighter pilot for a day seems to be an offering in many cities. One package lets you get a taste of CSI. Leave it to E to know about such sites. I think cattle drives ala "City Slickers" would work for Amarillo. I know they do camp breakfasts.

If I had tons of money, I would love to gift these types of experiences to my friends. The joy of giving someone his dream.

Maybe money limits the type of dreams you can fulfill, but ways exist to make others happy. See just how contagious smiles are. Open the door for someone. Simple courtesies and acknowledgment of others. How hard can that be? The wonderful thing about how this works: you reap benefits, too.

Many days a two-line email improves my outlook immensely. Or a quick note posted on FB. A phone call, lunch with friends. All so simple, yet enriching for the soul.

Starting Tuesday, I am volunteering at Catholic Family Service's immigration division. V, who was my boss at the paper at one time, needs some temporary help. I look forward to working with her again and getting out of the house a couple of days a week.

Have you known any old souls? I have.

My thoughts head to Boston for the weekend. I will attend in spirit.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment