Sunday, April 18, 2010

Lifesavers

Life takes strange twists and turns: how we run across people we knew 30 or more years ago; how time mellows us; and how distance has a way of changing our perspective.

I am grateful. I truly wish there was a better way to say it. I am one of the most blessed (or lucky) people I know. I have friends. So many wonderful friends.

Part of the pleasure of life involves exploring people and their views, thoughts and hearts. If you fail to do this, you miss out on the dessert. (I say this because I have a sweet tooth. Substitute the food word of your choice.)

Animals also fit into the life's pleasures category. Pets are an antidote to stress. We all need unconditional love and adoration.

Sometimes stressful situations shed light on people's true natures, though not always.

When a tragedy, or life in general, happens, the ones you need are the ones who run toward you, not away. If they run away once, you can attribute that to the particular circumstance. We all have areas in which we fail or cannot handle. But if a person turns tail and runs every time, then this person becomes a hindrance. It is a matter of your survival. You cannot let someone pull you under.
* * *
I still miss someone.

Later.

2 comments: