Sunday, January 10, 2010

Look back in anger

For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty minutes of peace of
mind.


--Ralph Waldow Emerson


Yesterday must not have been peaceful because I surely was angry.

I was like the stump the cat worships. He rubs his chin on the stump over and over. But before you know it, he sharpens his claws on the object of his affection.

Some people are so determined to get what they want, they will make meek and nice to get it. They always have a plan A and several more lined out. They will say anything to get what they are after. The hard evidence leads to the real objective. The penguin leaves clues. Thus the anger.

Loyalty is my strong suit. If I find a reason to care for you, then you have my loyalty: faithfulness to commitments or obligations. Nuf said.

I am no longer angry. Just disapppointed. I know what our relationship was. I know how you felt, though you said men don't have feelings. Nothing you ever said in words, just what you said in actions. I know you must have had a great trust in me. I know what is inside matters. I know you did, too.

Trying to dissect a friendship is impossible and pointless. So I will remain thankful and blessed that I knew you, probably more the real you than most saw.

Step right up folks and see the elephant man. He was truly an oddity. People flocked to see him. This was where he lived. And this was his window on the world.

Your death has put such pressures on some people, particularly your mother. Not only is she dealing with the grief, but also with everyone's special request. And the questions. And of course, the day-to-day living, too, although I am sure routine is welcome. Making decisions is hard because she wants everything just right. And there are days of zombie-ism.

Then she is dealing with all the manipulation going on. She is a smart lady, however, so I am not worried about that.

Hey, dude! Snow caused the EPL to postpone matches. I got 5 points yesterday. Haha.

You are my sunshine. Miss ya, dude.

It's Sunday, the mailman is watching football.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment