Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hard times

Man U plays Arsenal today. Rooney takes over as captain. He probably will not score at all. *sigh*

My friend, the Liverpool lover, is en route to Vietnam. Says he and his stepbrother are going to housesit. He plans to seek work there. If he has no luck, then he will head for Indonesia or the Philippines. Funny how in cyberspace you can make friends with the most unlikely people. Imagine a 39-year-old man from the United Kingdom being friends with a 61-year-old woman from the Panhandle of Texas. Ben, you are a cool one.

Cheryl is very angry right now. I think the reality of facing a double lung transplant and the affects her health are already having on the children are making her angry at everyone and everything. I wish I knew how to handle the situation to help her in some way. Her odds are not good either way.

Connie keeps telling me to stop having suppositions about you. She is a wise woman. It is hard not to fill in the blanks or speculate what you would have said or done about something. I guess that is only human nature. It does no good however. It does not help one move on.

Dave was correct when he said I was your friend, not his or your mother's. I guess I and your friends are grasping for any link to you at all and that is hard for your mother to understand. The whole grief thing takes time.

I miss you like crazy, dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment