Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Perfect creatures

"Cats are magical ... the more you pet them, the longer you both live."


My boys bring me great joy. Pogo and Satchmo: yen and yang.

I can thank Corey for Pogo. Corey, with the tender heart for animals, saw Pogo on a TV spot for the Humane Society. He did not have long to live unless someone adopted him. I heard the call, and three days later Pogo entered my home and heart.

Pogo is an alpha cat, probably because of his Siamese heritage. He is vocal and has several distinct meows. He is intelligent, energetic and curious. He has adopted a soft, pink cube as his favorite napping spot. He is long and lean and thinks he requires feeding anytime I go near the kitchen.

Satchmo got his nickname, Momo, from Aidan. They are about the same age and got along wonderfully. Mo looks like one of those mouton jackets that were so popular when I was a kid. Plush and soft. He has a squatty body and waddles when he walks. He can put on the afterburner, but not frequently. He prefers the cat tree or his "man cave" for naps.

The boys make great companions. A couple of the best creatures around.

I miss you, dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment