Saturday, January 2, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday your mom pulled back the curtain a bit, and I got a glimpse of the little boy. I would love to have known you then. You were such a joy to her as only little boys are to their mommas. Such orderly thoughts for one so young.

I reciprocated by telling her about the links and songs that often greeted me on IM. Somehow, I think she got cheated on the show-and-tell. Fleetingly, I told her what you had told me about practicing sky hooks. Rockin' the light fixtures, eh?

I told her about the Boston Red Sox hat. She in turn blew me away. I am so happy the hat ended up where it did. I hope the wearer enjoys it for a long, long time and remembers us both when he puts it on. When I think about where it is, I grin.

So, you watched the Bruins Winter Classic yesterday. What a wonderful time the three of you must have had. And the Bruins won, too -- perfect.

Mother Nature has conspired to keep me indoors. Actually, I am using the cold and snow as an excuse not to leave my cocoon of safety. I have not wanted to go out for almost two weeks now. I could probably stay in for the rest of the winter if it weren't for food and medicine.

Making yourself presentable enough to be seen in public takes effort. I have lost the motivation for even the briefest excursion; however, today is the day. A crisis looms that I cannot overlook -- no bread. Good heavens. What will I have for dinner if I can't have a sandwich? Ha.

You never used LOL. You went on a tirade one night about !!!??, etc. I knew something was funny to you by ha. Ha was mildly funny. Haha caught you by surprise. Haha! meant a knee-slapper. You used ! sparingly, too. I knew I surprised and pleased you when I got, Right!

Ah, the little things. As long as my brain functions, you will have a niche there.

I fired the mailman.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment