Saturday, August 7, 2010

The A Team

A surprise awaited in my FB inbox this morning. Your mom sent a nice, personal message.

Your mom ranks among the best. I know you knew this, but you were independent, and stubborn as well. There were pressures from within to be a man's man though your body sometimes had other ideas. That urge must have been the dominant one, because you worried about the man things.

I also know a big, big part of your mom landed in you. The curiosity, the thirst for knowledge, the empathy.

How difficult this year has been for her. Each month flying by, each month an anniversary. I told her I had been thinking about post-tx and what a nightmare yours turned into. She said she had been thinking of that as well.

Your mom and I share the love of cats, too. Each of us has two boys.

Hey Dude. You remember that talk we had about destiny, etc., etc., etc.?

I also got another note from K, which surprised me. I figured he would slowly fade away. He asked whose turn it was on shares.

Well, the EPL kicks off soon. A Paul Mooney Memorial League is in the works. I asked Kirsop to join, but he is so full of life, I doubt he does. Joe takes on the organizer role this year.

Still missing you as much as ever.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment