Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday morning coming down

The problem with cooking: dishes to wash afterward. Like Mickey in the Sorcerer's Apprentice, dirty dishes seem to multiply on their own. Get two together and before long they claim the surface of the counters. Crackers and diet DP get old though. Let's face it, healthy eating requires lots of dishes.

Got some peaches at the farmer's market yesterday. The fruit had no peachy smell, but boy they got the tastebuds' attention. I also picked up some summer squash and purple onion.

Every time I go to the market, I think about the poor farmers and how important they are to us and how little they make. Sure, some farmers sport the Cadillac of harvesters, etc., but the farmers in the Panhandle area depend on the good years to carry them through the bad. The hours are long, the work hard.
* * *
I find the situation ironic. Ted, who said he knows nothing about soccer, hangs with the big boys. J. and I hang in the cellar. Ha.
* * *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTa8U0Wa0q8
* * *
I received a couple of letters from my insurance company this past week. I am not sure what they say. I went to college and worked for more than 30 years. Why do the insurance companies bamboozle us? Why cannot they communicate in plain, simple English. Therein lies the answer. They want us confused.
* * *
Sometimes I need a reminder that I am really better off than most.
* * *
I miss you Dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment