Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Shadows

I slept all day. Now my mood matches the skies which cried all afternoon in a quiet, funeral way.

A purpose escapes me at the moment. I cannot decide what to eat for supper. I own no motivation. I feel closed in and neglected. Lonely and stifled. My house still unsettles me. Like a fishmonger's wife, the chores nag at me. I have no strength of will.

I failed to learn a lesson of life that many others face early. My health always has been great. Never one to expend energy, I carried extra weight and smoked. After 40 years, my body started the rebellion. The process was gradual, so I paid little heed to the signs.

Then the years of neglect came on with a vengeance. Modern medicine keeps me moving, but at what price? Often a tradeout. Less this for more that.

Past indiscretions haunt us all. Now they sit eye-to-eye with me, never wavering, always reminding.

Later, dude.

1 comment:

  1. It really would be nice if we weren't all so hard-headed.

    I'm sorry you are hurting today, Cindy. You are loved. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete