Monday, August 16, 2010

Future past

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7RPCFfudmU

The middle of August. Already daylight comes a bit later. The urge to build a hideaway persists. I want a glider rocker and a couple of end tables. Why does my mind come up with all these glorious ideas and my body says, "Yeah, right."?  I do want a place to hibernate this winter. When it snows, I can be warm and enjoy.

Did you have a hard time living up to others' expectations? Were you aware how others looked up to you? I know you prized independence. You also relished being an older, wiser CFer. I remain puzzled about you. After all, you lived 44 years without me. What were you like? Would we have been friends if I had met you at Colby? I doubt our paths would have crossed in Chicago. I am not one to hang out at any bar/music venue. Even in my 30s, I was not one to go out after work.

I wonder about your friends, though all of them to a person, have been nothing but nice to me. With maybe the exception of K, they all have gone on with their lives. I knew you six months and I do not want to forget you. Am I doing you or me an injustice by keeping your memory alive in my heart? Am I clinging to gossamer?

Regardless, I miss you, Dude.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. You're not alone. I think of Paul and miss him everyday. I think we all just deal with it differently. Nothing wrong with keeping someone alive in your heart. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely nothing wrong with keeping someone alive with in your heart! Well said, Shannon. Cindy, I'm sorry you are hurting.

    ReplyDelete