Monday, August 9, 2010

Under my skin

Lying around for the greater part of three weeks cut my incentive to do much of anything. Finding the oomph proves a challenge. With my mind sunning in the Seychelles, my body grows lax.

Scars of the health war mar my arms and legs. Every bump, every tiny tip of a cat claw causes a blood blister. In the crook of my right elbow, the sea of color includes red, blue, purple and a bit of yellow for contrast. My right shin stays discolored, the bruise a permanent one. The deep purple of the Lovenox sites creates a belt that holds nothing up. The big toe on the right foot sported a bruise that at first I thought was dirt. How I managed that one, I will never know.

Whether from the meds or lack of hydration, my body, especially my arms, itch continually. Get one itch scratched and another lines up behind it. A few more doses of prednisone left.

You hover at times. I am grateful.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment