Sunday, August 8, 2010

Night and day

Today marks the last day of extra meds. I believe they did what they should and I am on the road to a more normal me.

My brain, however, went on vacation a couple of weeks ago and seems reluctant to return.

The days smush together. Feed the kittys, feed me. A stack of dishes threatens to spill over onto the stove. The refrigerator growls with hollowness. The cabinets echo when the doors shut.

Fortunately, my appetite dwindles, too. Somewhere beyond the fog, the hunger waits to break those bonds of restraint.

I spend the days doing what? I took a couple of naps. Escapism? I watched some ESPN. *yawn* I farmed on FB. In fact, I farmed my mouse to death. Hard to farm with a flabby mouse.

More than 30 years of my life I desired to know all about current events: "news." Imagie watching Headline News for fun. I quit the addiction cold turkey. One day I severed my newspaper subscription and quit TV news. A big disconnection there. Does lack of knowledge of current events make conversations trite?

I do know the Right vs Left thing compells me to grab the disinfectant and run. Pitchmen with terrier personalities spew half-truths and the gullible pass it along as gospel. Us vs them. A monster of greed and corruption that feeds on itself. Neither side offers solutions just recriminations. Agendas line the hallways of government from large to small. Blame falls on all.
* * *
Hey Dude. I miss you.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Your photo is Motif #1 - Rockport, MA. Lovely picture.

    Sorry you feel foggy and out of sorts. Feel better in all ways soon. <3 Kim

    ReplyDelete