Friday, August 13, 2010

Body heat

I find comfort in Pogo's body lying in the tinest space imaginable pressing next to my left lung and heart. When I am not feeling well, his heart beats steadily. The rhythm and the warmth of his body help soothe my frazzled thoughts and bring peace. Oh, he can irritate me with the best of 'em, with his insistance on food, now. But the unfettered love and adoration more than make up for the whining when you do not want to be bothered.

O2 and I are having issues. Actually, I am having issues. I tend to sit at the computer without the tubes. My sats are in the 85-6 range without supplemental o2. Not good.

I have been hasseling with the o2 company and insurance. My portable o2 regulator is not working properly. I guess it was dropped one time too many.

So I learn my insurance will replace DME every five years. After about three years of renting the equipment, I asked when I would own it. The o2 folks said done. Well, now a technicality prevents me from getting a new regulator. Since I have "owned" it for three years, I have to wait two more years. The o2 folks failed to tell me this when they said I could own it.

A regulator costs about $400. To be fair, the o2 folks are helping me try to get new DME. One of the women is working with the insurance company and hopefully will contact me today or early next week. In the meantime, I use tons of o2 when I am out because I cannot regulate the flow properly.
* * *
This season of EPL should be interesting. Six of us are playing. Two rookies who do not know soccer. The original three of us. and someone I do not know at all. I told J. I would help her and I will try. I fall far short of your expertise, though. I hope I do not disappoint her. We continue to feel our way along. She graciously has included me in your list of friends for which I am thankful.

Your passing has left a hole in my psyche. Just when I think the wound heals, something comes along to chaffe and the bleeding begins anew.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment