Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blood from a turnip

Got a notice from the hospital yesterday. Essentially the paper showed me how much the hospital asks from my insurance company for my week's stay. Gosh, my health does not come cheap. $40,815.21 is the grand total. $7,576.09 from the pharmacy and $12,951.42 in self-administrated drugs. Zowie! When it all shakes down, I will owe about $4,000 or so. Ha!

I slept from the time I got home yesterday until my alarm went off for my 7 o'clock medicines. I promptly went back to bed and finally got up for good about 2:45 when Pogo shut off my CPAP. I seem to have some energy today. I will spend it cleaning the kitchen so I can mess it up again with Sunday meals.

Hey Dude, I am leading the soccer league for this week, so far anyway. Even your mom beats Pete. I will have to razz him about that. I had better enjoy this time in the spotlight because I soon will fall off this pedestal.

I dreamed about Jack Nicholson, of all people, last night. I think Matt Hutchison also was in the dream. Strange.

I asked a friend who has a degree in English literature if all the authors of the classics were tortured or had drug or alcohol problems. What do you think? First you have to argue the term classic. Then you have to consider sales or standard college reading lists. Then just fiction or all genres. But really the question is simple. I mean the Poes, Vonneguts, Blakes, Dumases, etc. I wonder if a majority had issues of some sort.
Chime in those who have an argument either pro or con.

♥ Dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment