Sunday, November 28, 2010

Crafted food

The day started roughly. *grumble, grumble*

I made myself dress. I gathered up the trash, cleaned the cat box one last time and loaded the trash, purse and o2 into the car. A quick stop for the trash and to pick up the mail and I headed for the smaller grocery a couple of neighborhoods away. I shop there frequently and everyone knows me.

My mission today, besides the cat food (grocery store prices are cheaper than pet store), was to find something different to eat. I am so bored with my usual fare.

Observation: if you want to sell your product, make sure "artisan" appears somewhere on the packaging. Does not artisan evoke thoughts of craftsmanship, value, beauty? Somehow "artisan" makes what you eat sound more refined, upper crust. Much better than sandwich with Parmesan cheese. Just think, artisan bread covered with shredded artisan cheese and a tangy tomato sauce.

I treated myself to some cookies from a company that names it cookies after geographic areas. Though expensive, these cookies are the next best thing to those you make at home. I have not had any in several months. I noticed right away the cookies are smaller than they were and the texture different. *sigh*

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment