Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Meet my pal, PH

Everyone who reads my blog knows I have a rare disease: pulmonary hypertension. PH kills a 100 percent. But so does cystic fibrosis or ALS.

Since diagnosis, PH defines me, though I fight like crazy not to allow that. But let's face it, some days I win, some days PH wins. I may have a big outing planned and have to cancel because I do not have the energy to get up. Other days I hit three or four stores or clean my apartment.

PH medicines help, but they extract a large physical payment. When you take on PH, you often take on a load of pain or other side effects that keep reminding you of your illness. With PH you learn to cherish the small victories.

Even though you would not wish this disease on anyone, you find meaning and strength through others like you. An exclusive social club no one wants to join.

Today, National PH Blogging Day or some such, remember those who are now breathing free -- each of them a hero; each of them missed.

Later, Dude.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, although I hate PH...I love the new PHamily that I have met and depend on so much!! Would have been much nicer if we met as members of winning the big jackpot...lol I agree I try so hard to NOT let PH define me, but some days it shows me who is boss!!

    Love ya..hugs :))

    ReplyDelete