Thursday, November 4, 2010

What I get to do

In honor of PH awareness month, here's what PH means to me.
  • I get to see a really handsome doctor every three months.
  • I get to visit a vampire every month.
  • I get to take nine pills in the morning.
  • I get to wear oxygen all day every day.
  • I get to wonder if today I will pass out in the grocery store again.
  • I get to have chauffeur service. (see above).
  • I get to lie on the couch all day because I have no energy to do anything.
  • I get to run to the potty every 10 minutes because the diuretics finally kicked in.
  • I get to lose weight easily because sometimes the medicine makes me nauseous.
  • I get to give my trash a ride because I cannot walk that far nor lift that much weight.
  • I get to sit at home while my friends have fun at the corn maze.
  • I get to test my pain endurance.
  • I get to learn about mental health.
  • I get to experience a hospital's daily rhythm.
  • I get to feel empathy with those in poverty.
Tomorrow the positives.

Later Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment