Sunday, November 21, 2010

I do a Sally Field

I look for approval from everyone I meet.

Not everyone will like me. I need to learn to quit fixating on why and just walk away. Case in point: I ran into a former colleague on the pasta aisle in Wal-Mart yesterday. He wasted no time turning his cart around and heading the other way. Yes, he did see me and the recognition was there. I wasted time wondering what I had done to cause that reaction.

Then I got my mail. A card made me realize I am worth knowing. Some people do like me. I read the card more than once relishing each word. Slowly, however, doubt began to nudge out the joy. Does the card sender feel obligated in some way to me? Does the card represent a formal thank-you, all proper and nothing more?

Boy, what a mess, Dude.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Once again, Cindy, I soooo relate. Being sensitive can be such a curse. You are a good person, and there is no reason NOT to like you.

    ReplyDelete