Thursday, November 25, 2010

Written in the stars

OK. Could not pry a word out of me this morning. Looking like the afternoon might follow suit.

The temperature fell to 17 early this morning. Thank goodness the wind chose to take a holiday. Just in the past couple of days, the leaves went from shade to a yard blanket. Some of the red leafed trees still retain their glory, but a semi serious wind will finish the job.

The sun's rays seem to struggle in the evening knowing darkness waits nearby. Every day the scene plays out with darkness gaining ground.

Picture book scenes present the fantasy side of winter. The season belongs to young folks with their agility and rebound ability.

Cold weather prompts layers of clothing. The thinner your skin, the more layers you don until you feel like the Michelin man or a Weebles. Because of the medicines I take, the next minute I am throwing off layers faster than a corn shucker. No wonder respiratory woes are close companions.

As the days grow shorter and shorter, the anniversary of your death nears. I am sad still. I know you probably think I am wasting energy, but I have my own map to follow on this mourning route. I will get there. It is not a race and no one wins. Somewhere in the cosmos we will find each other again, Dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment