Monday, November 8, 2010

NaCl + PH

PHers often follow a low salt diet because swelling and fluid retention plague us. Sometimes though the craving for salt takes over. I have eaten a medium size bag of potato chips in three days. Then I had to double up on my diuretics.

Yesterday I wanted fried chicken. I did not want to mess up my clean kitchen with the grease and flour, so I opted for KFC. I bought six pieces to sate this craving. Pogo and I managed to down two pieces. What a waste of money. The chicken had more salt than the chips.

Another issue PH offers us: paperwork and the opportunity to learn how to navigate the system.

Today I get to call the insurance company and find out what this conversion policy notice means to me. The notice said coverage ends April 30. At some point I will be eligible for Medicare. I really dread going through the processes I must to have some sort of medical coverage. Ugh.

I also have to call ValMed. I think the company tries to bill me for a drug I paid for on the day I received it. Another hassle, but I have check number and date it cleared the bank, etc.

I really just want to go back to bed.

Later, Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment