Friday, November 19, 2010

Sail away

When you get a wall post from a newly added "friend" on FB which says, "Howdie ... ok so, I just got a new piercing somewhere but I cant post pics on here. come view my profile :-) ...." red flags start flapping right away. I noticed most of the folks that got "friended" have PH or CF. I admit I friended her at first, then after that post, I dropped her -- the first person I ever "unfriended."

One of my photographer friends got a similar post a few months ago. I checked out the link and got an eyeful of a private part from 18 angles. This recent incident was similar enough to make me run the other way as fast as I could. I considered reporting this person, but none of the suggested reasons for reporting a person applied.

Am I shocked? No, not really. I am to a certain extent trusting and gullible, but I am also world weary.

What people can do to others boggles my mind. I think the American dream of the 1950s became the American nightmare of today. Values and priorities changed and now we pay the price.

Not everyone lost their rudders, but they find the waters treacherous as they navigate life. The stormy seas threaten to send them aground. The beacon of lighthouses along the route keeps them steadfast. A safe port lies ahead.

I do not know what to think anymore, Dude.

Later.

3 comments:

  1. :( Sad ... and I would probably have reported them anyway. Hope your day is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She applied to be my friend too. I blocked her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a friend request from her, too, and I've ignored it. I see she posted on another phriend's wall and included a link about photos she couldn't post, so I knew I had made the right decision not to add her! I really hate that!

    ReplyDelete