Friday, November 26, 2010

I'll have a blue Christmas

Now the rush for Christmas begins (she says as she reaches over the wrapping paper display for Halloween candy). The frenzy builds until the crescendo at midnight Thanksgiving.

I never have been a shopper. I do not like trying on clothes in those tiny rooms with the feeling of my every move being watched. I dislike going store to store only to return to the first one to buy. Everything begins to look like everything else and I get tired and frustrated.

I dislike the holidays because of the pressure to find the perfect gift. I am a procrastinator. Then I feel guilty. I want to hide until the new year and pretend everything turned out OK. Those folks who shop all year long and are done by Thanksgiving put me to shame, but do not spur me to action.

"But you offer your help all the time." "No, you help me."

I cannot do this, sorry.

Later, Dude.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs, Cindy. I feel the same way. And thank you for your sweet email the other day. Perked me up and got me back on FB!

    ReplyDelete