Sunday, November 7, 2010

What extra hour?

Cats' internal clocks fail to recognize "spring forward, fall back." Pogo started poking me at the usual time (3 a.m. Saturday time, 2 a.m. Sunday time). This new time-old time transition will take about a week.

The apartment looks much better after I spent most of yesterday tidying up. I washed a stack of dishes, swept and mopped the kitchen floor, swept and mopped the bathroom floor, cleaned the vanity area, went through a stack of papers and shredded or filed, took the trash to the dumpster (including the three kitty boxes. New ones on the way.), and cooked supper.

When the energy hits I gotta act. I spent all week recharging only to burn it up yesterday. I need to find an extra charge today so I can vacuum and dust. Then my world balances again. However, my battery seems dead right now.

When I was 4, we lived in campus housing. Ten tiny adobe-style houses, termed "the pueblos," were home to young college professors and their families. Almost transitional housing. Next door to us was a single woman and her mother. Loula Grace Erdman fascinated me for some reason. I loved to talk and she would speak to me. My dad explained that she was a writer and needed quiet time. I have been told that I went to her house, knocked on her door and asked her if she had any cake pans. When she said no, I replied then we would have to make a pie.

Read about her below.

http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/fer05

Well folks, that about wraps up another exciting episode of It's OK, it's just me. Remember, PH sucks.

Later, Dude.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs to ya CL..You are so correct, PH does suck. Wow, I can realte, so many chores and doing all that in one day, will keep us down a few days. It is no fun..

    I enjoyed reading about your neighbor...maybe that is where you get your love of writing? Hope this new week will bring ya some extra"spoons" hell, I need some rechargaeables I think most days...
    Hugs & love ya :))

    ReplyDelete