Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Connections

Funny how the thought process functions.

I sat in my chair, drinking my coffee and thinking about grief this morning. How totally wiped out I was for a year or more when you died Dude. That led to a comparison of my reactions to your death and my dad's. He died more than 30 years ago.

Then I remembered my first day back at work when my dad died. I was in the wire room pulling tape when one of the reporters came into the wire room and gave me a hug. She asked me how I was doing and told me she would be devastated if her dad had died. I probably had not thought of D in years. What a nice person she is or was.

The lesson in all this? You never know when a small gesture will remain with someone for a long, long time. If you give out of your heart, it will find its way back to you. I am so thankful for unselfish, giving people.

In my attempts at gardening and luring birds to my yard, I find peace. Who knew? Having the bedroom door open in the mornings somehow starts my day off well. Drinking my coffee and watching my boys enthralled by the slightest movement "out there" brings an inner glow.

My thoughts are with J, and A and her mom.

Later, Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment