Saturday, May 21, 2011

Marigolds and munchies

Remember rotary egg beaters? I wish I had one during this cooking spate. They are fun to play with, too.

As soon as the sun started its morning routine, I headed to Wallyworld. I hoped to avoid the wind. Course if you go at that time, you have one door to enter, the one nearest the food. I wanted some bedding plants. The garden center lies at the other end of the supercenter. Let's say I got some exercise.

After eyeing all the plants, I chose some reddish brown marigolds with yellow highlights. Now we shall see if I can transform my brown thumb to green. I am going all out and picked up a packet of morning glory seeds too. The woman next door had some beautiful morning glories last year, and since they grew halfway across my yard before the end of summer, I certainly enjoyed them. Now the transplanted marigolds sit in cute little ceramic pots in the sunshine on the patio.

The boys were curious as I transplanted the flowers, but did not try to eat them or dig in the dirt. I did the repotting in the house so I could sit in a chair and not bend over.

I took a small respite in my chair and watched Momo chatter at the birds. I wonder if he tells the birds to "Beware, Momo patrols the scene." Or perhaps he tells them "Hello, fine morning," though I somehow doubt that. Anytime now Momo could transmit information to Pogo, who sleeps near my chair. A certain tone or series of utterances from Momo draws a sleeping Pogo in a flash. I wonder about the topic of conversation.

I worry about my friend Sylvia. Docs had to put her on heart-lung machine while they try to figure out why the new lungs are not working right. Could be infection, rejection or pneumonia. That information appeared on FB on the 19th. Nothing since.

I hold A. in my heart and thoughts.

EPL wraps up this weekend. I will miss it.

Later, Dude.


No comments:

Post a Comment