Friday, May 27, 2011

Sugar in the morning, sugar in the evening

The apartment complex where I live -- Nantucket -- has flat roofs. This morning a large bird walks back and forth on the roof across the way. I wonder if he watches for enemies while other birds do what birds do; amorous spring, you know!

I fell ill soon after the noontime repast. Does that not sound Jane Austin-ish? I believe stress caused this episode. I know I will not learn anything about my insurance situation until at least Tuesday. Makes for a yucky weekend, if I allow it to.

I made another pineapple upside-down cake this morning. I added more butter and brown sugar. I also added chopped walnuts. Instead of adding water to the pineapple juice to make 1 1/4 cups, I added orange juice. Yummm! I have enough ingredients to make one more cake before a grocery run.

Time for bed. I managed not to get a nap today.

Later, Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment