Monday, February 22, 2010

Blessed

Somewhere I read people at the end of their lives regret what they had not done rather than what they had done. What kind of regrets do I have?

You know, after much thought, I really have no regrets about what I have not done. (What ifs do not apply.) My life, though not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, suits my personality. I would not line up to fly in space nor would I want to climb the highest peak in the world.

I missed, if anything, not having a husband and children. That was not in the stars. Maybe I did not have them so I could serve in another way. Speculation proves useless.

I can say I paid my way, with some gifts from my parents. I owe nothing except the monthly bills. Insurance covers the medications which keep me alive. I am far better off than millions of Americans.

The most important gifts my parents gave me remain great bits of truth: Nothing in life is free. If it is too good to be true, then it usually is. I apply that in all areas of my life. Seldom has it failed.

Sometimes I am guilty of adding meaning or interpreting something someone says inaccurately. Then I stew, it festers in my mind. Before long, resentment and anger sicken me. Why do I not just ask to begin with? Pacifist.

I miss you, dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment