Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Boys, boys, boys

Yesterday Connie called on me to watch Zane, her grandson, while she took Aidan into the doctor's office. I am experienced at sitting in the car with young children. I filled that role many times over the years.

Aidan's personality includes lots of talking. He constantly asks questions and definitely shows a mind of his own. When I watched Aidan when he was Zane's age, we talked about the birds, the trucks and anything else going by. Aidan lives to talk.

Zane on the other hand can entertain himself. True, we talked about the balloons that had escaped small hands and floated to the treetops. But mostly Zane sat in his carseat and played. Mind you Zane just celebrated his second birthday.

I was about to nod off when I hear those noises boys make when their action heroes fight. So I tune in to see what's happening. Spiderman, the Penguin and the Lone Ranger are fighting the bad guys. Hi Ho, Silver. Really, he said that. Where on earth had he heard of the Lone Ranger and Hi Ho, Silver?

I love little boys. At least I seem to understand them better than I do little girls. When little girls issue those high pitched squeals and screams, images of the Spanish Inquisition come to mind. You know, torture. Little boys wrestle and are rowdy and rough -- all part of learning to be human, I guess.

I had another wonderful visit with Kim this morning. Too bad half a country separates us. I wonder what you think about two of your friends becoming friends.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment