Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Blue on blue

I find myself so blue right now for all kinds of reasons. Did I place more value on a relationship than it held? Do I expect too much? I feel my way through the dark in a room with no exit. A huge weight hangs over my head. I sense it; at times it presses so close I can almost touch it. I stress but cannot quite put my finger on the reasons. Or maybe I can and that poses the problem. I do not want to admit what causes this and the appropriate solution.

One of the first times I talked to you I was blue. We started the conversation, but you had to have your meds from CVS. You told me how long it would take and you would hurry. Soon you popped up and asked if I were still there. I talked and talked and even though you did not know me well then, you told me things that helped me start out of the funk. You convinced me of things I could not convince myself of.

I need you now.

2 comments:

  1. (((Hugs))) Cindy. I so relate. I find myself in that situation frequently ... it's like I think it's more than maybe it really is, and then I get my feelings hurt.

    I hope this works out for you. Have you thought of just saying, "I need you right now?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, Jami. I would love to say that, but it would do no good.

    ReplyDelete