Friday, June 11, 2010

A little piece of my mind

The saga of Season continues. An upstairs neighbor, or so the rumor goes, turned her in to Animal Control, which sent an inspector to her apartment. Season received a summons because her cats do not have rabies shots. She appeared in court. According to her friend John, the judge fined her $900. Since Season could not pay, she sits in jail. She has about nine more days to serve. The sad thing about this whole espisode: Season cannot afford shots for her cats. Potentially she could go to jail again. Season's situation is sad.
* * *
What would I do without Connie? I certainly do not want to find out. We paid some bills, went to the dollar store, ate lunch and bought groceries. I needed human contact and to leave my apartment. Like a dose of super antibiotics, the outing lifted my spirits. Her back still hurts, so I did a couple of the bills. I love it when I can reciprocate.
* * *
I wish I were rich. I would indulge myself in ways I am not able to now. For selfish reasons (because I would get the joy), I would love to send a birdhouse recycled from unusual objects to Kim. I saw some online she would love, but they fall way beyond my price range.

I would send season tickets to all the sports in his hometown to one particular fan. I would fund publication of a book for another. I would give my musician friends all the exposure they want to earn a living and enjoy their endeavors.

But what I most want to give cannot be bought and is not mine to give. I would offer sunshine for warmth and healing, clouds for shade, rain for renewal, a breeze to blow away sadness. I would give them friends and solitude. Peace of mind and challenges.
* * *
South Africa and Mexico kick off WC action this morning. We will be watching.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. You are too sweet. What you give is more valuable than anything money can buy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete