Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day in the life

I had a long day yesterday. My as yet unmet counselor's husband called on Sunday to say she had to have emergency surgery. So rather than sit in the apartment all day, I went with Connie and her three grandsons.

Through a variety of circumstances, she could not take them to her house, and they could not stay at their house, either. We made a cat food run to Wallyworld. We visited a park with a climbing wall and play equipment. We stopped at a dollar store to get snacks. Yummm. Cheetos and Swedish Fish for breakfast. Then we met Drew, his sig O and two girls plus a little friend at a park that has a splash pad. After about an hour there, we loaded up and headed to Drew's house for snowcones.

The day sounds pretty innocuous, but getting in and out of the car with o2 and purse, then helping a barely 3-year-old in and out of his carseat takes a toll. I wiped out when I got home.

Having eaten nothing but crap all day, I had some sort of attack. I had an intense pain, not pressure. Like extra bad indigestion, sort of. I wondered if it were my heart. I lay down until it subsided, then ate something, took my meds and went to bed.
* * *
Somehow I feel totally disconnected today. Maybe I have hidden so much my PHriends give up on me. Or forget me. Or think I am off my rocker. Or simply think I no longer care. I guess I want to break out the pity party paraphernalia.

I miss your understanding, dude.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. I would never forget you, or give up on you. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've come by everytime I see something new from you here, though don't always leave a comment. I appreciated your comment on the post I deleted. Pity parties are sometimes lonely, but needed every now and then. I hope you feel better from the junk food extravaganza.

    ReplyDelete